The buildbot process on Windows doesn't "daemonize" so it never returns to the
prompt like it does on POSIX systems.  That's expected behavior unless things
have changed in 0.9 but I would doubt it (I'm on 0.8.12).

Unless you take the extra steps of turning the buildbot into a Service, you
have to leave a cmd window running with that process running inside it.  The
docs talk about making the buildbot slave into a Service but I've never had
much luck with it since it doesn't behave properly if you are building/testing
a GUI app (which I am).

hth,
stephen