Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have fixed the sample page and removed the replaceAll.

oh, ok.  I guess that'll be a little better.

I figured out a bit more about being able to call methods.  Apparently the
"MethodExpression" in the unified EL is meant to be used by JSF to define a
deferred method that will be called some time "in the future" with the
parameters provided "by java code".
It looks like calling methods that take no parameters actually works in
Camel, but the standard Unified EL doesn't support specifying parameters.

Another bit of interesting information is that Camel's
BeanAndMethodELResolver.findMethod method has a special case to look for
methods with one parameter.  This appears to have been added in r631503 by
jstrachan, and it has a reference to issue CAMEL-347, but for some reason I
can't get to issue.apache.org to look up the details on that right now.

I also found that there is a JBoss extension (called "Seam") that *does*
implement passing parameters from a EL expression, which might contribute to
additional confusion.

An explanation of this on that el.html page would be helpful to help keep
other people from wasting time with this.

It looks like I need to find some other way to do what I need to do. :(

eric