Sorry for the poor English - I know about the timeout option now - I saw it
immediately AFTER I found the reason. I obviously saw the option before,
among others, but did not pay enough attention to realize I should not use
the default.

And I did have the camel DEBUG level enabled - was the first thing I have
done to debug the problem - and it did not help me at all - there were no
relevant messages at all - and the DEBUG logging did work - I get a log of
all routes on camel start etc.

Claus, I'm not trying to blame or rant or something. I still think the
framework is awesome. I apologize if I somehow made you think I'm feeling
different. I just truly believe that infinite waits by default should be
ruthlessly  eliminated, and doing this will benefit the Camel and its users
a great deal.