On 26 February 2010 16:46, Pitre, Russell <rpi...@shawmut.com> wrote:
> I'm about to start a new integration project using Camel.  I'd like to
> survey what my runtime options are.  My preliminary research has lead me
> to using a Servlet container such as Tomcat or a OSGI container such as
> Apache Felix or dm Server.  I don't have any experience with OSGI, the
> limited experience I do have has been frustrating to say the least.  So
> I'm wondering if Tomcat would suffice my requirements.

My advice is always to start with Tomcat and stay there until you find
you've a requirement which means you've gotta go OSGi, just because
its so much easier to work with.

You can start & stop routes and edit them at run time easily -
particularly using the web console...
http://camel.apache.org/web-console.html

the main reason for starting/stopping a web app is if you need to
change the Java code.

--
James
-------