No, it's not serializable, but I believe with some effort I can make it so (The class is JAXB-generated to support a web service call; JAXB has some extensions to allow for serializability). Right now I'm trying to get the JAXB DataFormat to work (after sending the object to the queue I plan on marshalling it to XML) just for the sake of seeing JAXB working.

@XmlAccessorType(XmlAccessType.FIELD)
@XmlType(name = "", propOrder = {
   "numberToDouble"
})
@XmlRootElement(name = "DoubleIt")
public class DoubleIt {
   protected int numberToDouble;
   ... setter and getter for above...
}

I can look into JSON and/or Protobuf next -- is it primarily speed, or ease-of-use (don't have to worry about making the class serializable), or smaller message size that you recommend those other formats?

Thanks,
Glen

Tarjei Huse wrote:
Hi,