But, just to confirm, do I need to make the JAXB objects serializable if I plan on placing them on a queue or reading them from a queue? If that's the case (makes sense), I will update the Camel JAXB page to highlight that--it presently doesn't say anything about serializability.

I'm trying to practice working with JAXB, e.g.,

     from("jms:queue:numbersToDouble")
     .marshal(jaxbFormat)
     .to("xslt://AddSOAPEnvelope.xsl")
     .to(CXF_URI)

One more thing--if I needed to make the JAXB object serializable for it to work on a queue but didn't (or couldn't) do so, what could I replace "from("jms:queue:numbersToDouble")" above with to start the route? The "direct" component?

Thanks,
Glen

Charles Moulliard wrote:
Hi Glen,

Using Camel, you can use marshal() or unmarshal() to transform objects -->
XML or XML --> objects

http://camel.apache.org/jaxb.html

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Senior Enterprise Architect (J2EE, .NET, SOA)
Apache Camel - Karaf - ServiceMix Committer
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com |  Twitter :
http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard | Skype: cmoulliard