Ok, maybe the "idempotent" term isn't correct in my specific use case, but
because of the way the idempotent consumer works now is quite similar to
what I have to implement, I was hoping to reuse part of it. My case is more
of an answer cache.

My requirement is that, given a request A that has generated a response B,
further A requests should always produce a B response, possibly getting the
B response from a local/distributed cache, skipping any processing.

Thanks, Mirko.