I've already got trace enabled. I can watch the message go through the
route, and hit the validator endpoint - which shows that it successfully
validates. And then nothing. What it seems like is that Camel assumes that
since the validator is the last endpoint, that validation is all I want to
have happen at the end of the route.

For now, just to make it work, I am sticking with inserting a "bean"
endpoint after the validator, where a dummy method is called that just
promptly returns the message. Obviously, I am open to a more robust
solution, but this works for now.

Thanks,
Doug