you can embed the camel-web console in your app for some basic stats or roll
your own route monitoring with JMX.  To monitor messages traffic, try adding
explicit logging or a wiretap to JMS/file/stream, etc.

here are my (slightly dated) notes on this...

http://www.consulting-notes.com/2011/01/apache-camel-monitoring.html

atouret.nospam wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm building a webservice proxy. The route is easy to understand :
>
>     <cxf:cxfEndpoint id="proxy"
>
> address="http://localhost:8080/ws-proxy/webservices/proxy";
>                    endpointName="s:WSProxyEndpointPort"
>                    serviceName="s:WSProxyEndpointService"
>                    wsdlURL="/wsdl/ws-proxy.wsdl"
>                     xmlns:s="http://wsproxy.touret.info"/>
>
>     <camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring";>
>         <route>
>             <from uri="cxf:bean:proxy?dataFormat=MESSAGE" />
>
>             <to uri="log:input"/>
>             <to uri="http://server:8180/uri/TokenWS"/>
>             <to uri="log:output?showAll=true"/>
>         </route>
>     </camelContext>
>

> I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to monitor that kind of
> route.
> I would like to monitor these elements :
> Time elapsed fo each component
> make a filter and correlate against a data with an xpath expression
> Errors ( how many, when, ...)
>
> Then I would like to browse data by a webapp ( camel webconsole ?)
>
> I spotted on the bam module but I saw only how to monitor an endpoint and
> not a route. That kind of module is pretty good for me because I can
> access on a database with a webapp . I saw also on the Camel in Action
> book an AuditService class which is launched by a wiretrap pattern but I
> van't monitor all the route.
>
> Anyway, I need some advice ....
> What's the best way to make that kind of monitor ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help
>
> Regards
>
> Alexandre

-----