Hi,

I looked at the article by Martin Huber and there is a better way to do the
stats collection.

You might want to check out Camel InterceptStrategy and the section on
Container wide interceptors at the following link.

http://camel.apache.org/advanced-configuration-of-camelcontext-using-spring.html
http://camel.apache.org/advanced-configuration-of-camelcontext-using-spring.html

The Camel Debugger and Tracer components are examples of Intercept Strategy
implementations. You should be able to come up with a stats gathering
implementation using that as well.

Also, if you have develop a compelling capability that extends Camel's
reach, please feel free to contribute. We welcome those :)...

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com