Hi

Welcome to the Camel community.

You can code a custom filter and use that on the SFTP endpoint

Since the FTP component inherits almost all the options from the File
component. You can find more details here
http://camel.apache.org/file2

The filter class should be of type:
org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileFilter

Then you have access to file name / file parent details etc, and can
determine if you want to copy the file or not, by retning a boolean.




On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 4:45 PM, newbiee <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have written a program to FTP files from a server to a folder on my laptop
> using SFTP component. The program is able to copy. I had to just write one
> line of code  (excluding boilderplate code) to get everything done. Thank
> you CAMEL!
>
> Now I want to enhance this program. Here is how I want this program to copy
> files.
>
> There is a parent folder on the server. Under this folder there are many
> folders. Each folder is names as "date-hr-min-sec" and each folder contains
> 15 files again each file's names is actually a time stamp when the file was
> created.
>
> Since there are 100's of files and I don't want to copy all the files on my
> laptop, instead I want to create a search criteria and copy the files that
> meet the search criteria. For example, let's say my search criteria is ot
> copy files that fall in a certain time rage say I want to copy all the files
> that fall in the time ranfe from October 8 at 8:00 AM to October 8 at 8:05
> AM. In this case, I will first have to search for the folder than has the
> time stamp that meets the search criteria. Next I will need to just pick the
> files that meet the search criteria.
>
> I would like to know how can I accomplish this using CAMEL. I think I will
> have to call processes to first pick the right folder name (which meets the
> search criteria) then in the "from" part dynamically pass the folder name
> and then use FITER EIP to download files that meet the search criteria. I
> don't know how can I create a process and connect to the server to read the
> folder names (I'm not sure, I want to solve the problem in CAMEL way) Please
> explain.
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> View this message in context: 
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Copying-files-from-an-FTP-server-using-search-criteria-tp4882889p4882889.html
> Sent from the Camel - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>



-- 
Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen/

Reply via email to