Hi Feel free to create a JIRA ticket for an enhancement to allow filtering on directory names as well. Then you can in your custom filter code skip unwanted directories, and cause a faster directory traversal.
Link to JIRA from here http://camel.apache.org/support On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM, newbiee <[email protected]> wrote: > Claus Ibsen: > > Thank you for the great feedback. > > It seems that I will have to recursively read all the files from all the > folders and using the custom filter will prevent the files from being copies > to the destination folder. I would like to know if there is a way to read > the folder name so that I could skip the entire folder if the folder does > not contain the files I am looking for. Please note, there could me 100's of > folders and each folder has 15 files. Please refer to my search criteria. My > search criteria will most probably contains all the required files in a > single folder. So why bother going through the contents of all other > folders. I think, if I will have to go through all the folder, the response > time will be very slow. Is this possible to simply first read the folder > name and if the folder name does not meet the search criteria we skip > reading it's contents and continue reading the next folder name till the > folder name that meets the search criteria. When we have found the right > folder, we then read it's contents to picks the right files. > > I thank you guys for directing me and suggesting to first learn CAMEL (I > started with Active MQ but you guys asked me to start with CAMEL). You were > absolutely right. I was able to immediately uderstand the power of CAMEL and > I see CAMEL together with ACTIVE MQ a vert powerful combination. I am doing > MSc at Gannon university and I am have been able to convince the department > head to let me take CAMEL as an independent study subject. > > Thank you for your prompt feedback. > > > > -- > View this message in context: > http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Copying-files-from-an-FTP-server-using-search-criteria-tp4882889p4885127.html > Sent from the Camel - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com. > -- Claus Ibsen ----------------- FuseSource Email: [email protected] Web: http://fusesource.com Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/ Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen/
