On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:37 PM, ebinsingh
<ebenezer.si...@verizonwireless.com> wrote:
> Ah ok. I was trying to get some performance statistics and was using a single
> thread.
> Any tips on increasing performance when using Camel (I would use thread
> pool).
>
> My task would be to read a file (csv or xml), spilt them into single
> records, process these records, aggregate 2000 records into 1 and publish it
> to MQ.
>
> I currently see that it takes little less than a second to process a file of
> 2000 records.

It only makes sense to parallel process splitted messages if you do
some CPU intensive work on the message, and/or enrich
with data from an external resource (get data from a DB, WebService
call etc.) to get some CPU and IO bound usages.
Then multiple threads can better scale as it can process messages
which waiting for IO to reply etc.

If all you do is to assemble 2000 records, then that would be faster
in a single threaded.