Hi,

I just checked the code of camel-xstream in the trunk, it is converting the Java object into String. Can you show me the route that you have ? Which version of Camel are you using ? BTW, you need to set the encoding on the camel-xstream data format like this

from("direct:marshal").marshal().xstream("UTF-8");

from("direct:reverse").unmarshal().xstream("UTF-8").to("mock:reverse");