Hi,

First of all, thanks for the quick response.

I will try to explain with more details what I am doing:
1) I build the endpoint uri to retrieve the file from the FTP server. Each
day, the file has a different name (based on date), so the endpoint has to
be created dynamically.
2) Save the retrieved file by sending the exchange to a local directory
(using a file endpoint).
3) Finally, I done the UoW on the original retrieved exchange.

I am using camel 2.9.0.

Here is my theory:

Each file has a different name (is based on the current date time) so, for
each file I have to read, I have to build a different endpoint uri.

I think that the alive threads are these endpoints, because with JConsole I
can see lots of threads with this “name”:

Name: Camel (processesCamelContext) thread #22 -
ftp://ftp_user@test_host.com:21/readFileDir
State: TIMED_WAITING on
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject@4279f121
Total blocked: 4  Total waited: 942

When calling the “consumerTemplate.receive(endpointUri)”, a different
Endpoint is created for each file, and this endpoint is added to the
registry and is never  removed (calling the “doneUoW” seem has no effect).

I also try to done the UoW before sending the exchange to the file endpoint
but the alive threads are still there.

makes it sense for you or I’m missing something?

If it is correct, Is there any way to remove these created endpoints? Maybe
using placeholders for the properties (host, password, filename…) I can
avoid to create a different endpoint each time? (I can live with one thread
living always, but no one for each read)

Thanks for your help