Adding the Tracer seems to have no effect on the logging.

(org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for
more info.

I see the above in my log. I don't think this is a good sign. Do I have to
configure log4j.properties myself?

This is how I added the Tracer to my route's configure method. (Just
followed what was said in the Tracer documentation)

            context.addRoutes(new RouteBuilder() {
                @Override
                    Tracer tracer = new Tracer();
                    tracer.setTraceOutExchanges(true);

                    // we configure the default trace formatter where we can
                    // specify which fields we want in the output
                    DefaultTraceFormatter formatter = new
DefaultTraceFormatter();
                    formatter.setShowOutBody(true);
                    formatter.setShowOutBodyType(true);

                    // set to use our formatter
                    tracer.setFormatter(formatter);

                    context.addInterceptStrategy(tracer);

from("file://Users/jothi/Desktop/inbox?fileName=person.xml").to("file://Users/jothi/Desktop/outbox");
                }
            });

Regards,
Jothi