On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Joe San <codeintheo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Adding the Tracer seems to have no effect on the logging.

> (org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext).
> log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for
> more info.
>
> I see the above in my log. I don't think this is a good sign. Do I have to
> configure log4j.properties myself?

Yes you need to configure log4j. Add a log4j.properties file in the
src/main/resources directory.
You can copy a file from one of the Camel examples and use that file
as a base line.

For example this file will log to the console only
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/examples/camel-example-console/src/main/resources/log4j.properties

If you want to log to a file then you would need to use a file
appender in the log4j configuration. For example from a log4j file in
one of the Camel components we use when testing the component
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-beanio/src/test/resources/log4j.properties

Also try remove the fileName option, then Camel should pickup any file
you drop in that directory.