On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:20 AM, realice <real...@gmail.com> wrote:
> quick update-- my attempt to use the camel has been shutdown :(
>
> I argued with all my might and basically presented all the stuff you guys
> mentioned, but then again I'm just a mere developer, not like somebody
> higher up in the management chain who doesn't know anything but likes to
> make decisions

Yeah you are not the first. And you will not be the last.

Some corporations is good a wine-and-dine, and charming decision
makers on the golf course. (figure of speaking)
This is miles away from what any free and open source community can do.

In the end though. I always advise to setup a POC and give time to try
out the various products.
Often today you can download and try products. And for the
closed-source products, they usually
offer a trail version etc.

Though if your organization is already using Oracle and BPEL in other
products and have it running
in production, then it makes sense to continue down that path.

But don't forget IMHO from time to time to re-surface and re-validate
where the "market" is today.
In the end its your business and your $$$. And you need to spend them
wisely in todays tough business.