Hi all,

in my Camel project we are using ActiveMQ queues in a synchronous way. The
basic idea is that we send messages to a queue, adding replyTo=xxx.REPLY to
have a shared fixed reply queue where receive the response.

I´ve started using JMeter to see how reacts the project with not only 1
consumer. I´m using more than 5 thread to send many messages to the queue at
the same time.
The problem is that the first 3-4 messages are not consumed by the reply
queue. I can see the messages in the reply queue, but the consumer doesn´t
realize they are there. So in the end, the producer doesn´t receive the
response and a timeout is thrown:

 org.apache.camel.ExchangeTimedOutException: The OUT message was not
received within: 255000 millis due reply message with correlationID:
ID-dhcp-123-int-xxx-de-52365-1350896553341-0-12 not received

Debugging the project, I´ve realized that the first 5 messages (one message
per thread) are sent in the same second (with only hundred milliseconds of
difference), and only one of them is consumed. The rest 4 messages keep
stuck on the reply queue. The next messages are well consumed meanwhile
these messages are still in the queue. I don´t know if the time could be
problem. The next messages are well consumed, but they have more than 1
second of difference.

I´ve also seen that the Message Selector has in the list the messages that
are always stuck on the reply queue. I don´t know how the reply consumer
realizes that a new message has arrived to the queue and why it ignores some
of them at the beginning.

Does anyone know how could be the problem?

I´m using Camel 2.10.2 and ActiveMQ 5.5.1.
We have to use fixed reply queues and as we are using a cluster environment,
we have to use shared and not exclusive queues. With exclusive queues it
seems this problem would be solved.

Thanks! :)

Ana