Happy new year and thanks for the quick reply !

But what happens in a (simplified) case like this:

from("ibatis:selectUnprocessedAccounts?consumer.onConsume=consumeAccount")
  // returns a list of beans with partly private information

  .split( ... )
  .removeHeaders("*")
   // set the message body from bean.text
  // set the headers to, cc, bcc from bean.email, bean.cc, etc...
   .to("smtp://...)

  // bcc header is also sent in the mail (?)

  // message/bean is now consumed, but any reference to the sql
consumeAccount statement (e.g. #id#)
  // has gone
.to("mock:results");

As far as I understand, I have to filter out all but the further needed
headers (as "id").
Might there be a way to keep all camel message headers but configure that
*only the body* is mailed ?
(I'm aware that I could always write my own processor)