On 4 January 2013 17:26, Christian Müller <christian.muel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we don't have another camel component where the endpoint is a
> consumer and producer. I'm not sure how/if it works or if we hit problems
> in other areas (exception handling, ...).

We do this for the camel-smslib component.  The endpoint represents a
serial connection to an SMS modem, and therefore must deal with either
sending or receiving of messages or both.  I have no idea if this is a
recommended approach from camel perspective, but it works for us.  My
interpretation of the camel doc was that returning `true` from
Endpoint.isSingleton() should allow for one Endpoint per URI, but
multiple consumers/producers tied to the Endpoint.

You can see example at
https://github.com/frontlinesms/camel-smslib/blob/master/src/main/java/net/frontlinesms/camel/smslib/SmslibEndpoint.java