Just in case others are trying it in karaf; we just hit an issue deploying
hawtio in jboss; so have made 'hawtio-osgi' for deploying hawtio in OSGi
containers; then 'hawtio-web.war' works out of the box in Tomcat, Jetty,
JBoss.

So the command line is now this until we cut a release:

install
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/io/hawt/hawtio-osgi/1.0-SNAPSHOT/hawtio-osgi-1.0-20130128.154950-1.war

If in doubt check out the instructions on the home page; we'll try to keep
them up to date...
http://hawt.io/

On 27 January 2013 18:43, Christian Müller <christian.muel...@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>> side component is jolokia which is a small (about 300K) REST connector
>> for JMX (which is awesome BTW!) - the rest is static content (which
>> could be served from anywhere so doesn't need to be deployed in each
>> JVM).
>>
>> Its based around a plugin architecture:
>> http://hawt.io/developers/plugins.html
>>
>> so its easy to add new plugins for any kind of technology. A plugin is
>> pretty much anything that runs in a browser.
>>
>> The nice thing is hawtio can discover UI plugins at runtime by
>> examining the contents of the JVM or querying REST endpoints; so the
>> UI can update in real time as you deploy new things into a JVM!
>>

>> hawtio, the hawt camel rider
>> ======================
>> A quick summary of the current features for camel folks:
>>
>> * If you have any camel contexts running in a JVM when hawtio starts
>> up it adds an Integration tab which shows all the camel contexts
>> running.
>>
>> * You can start/stop/suspend/resume the context and its routes; then
>> look at all the metrics for routes/endpoints/processors. The Charts
>> tab lets you visualise the real time metrics.
>>
>> * You can create new endpoints; browse endpoints which are browsable &
>> send messages to endpoints (with syntax editing support for JSON / XML
>> / YAML / properties)
>>
>> * You can visualise all the camel routes or a specific camel route for
>> a context in the Diagram tab and see real time metrics of how many
>> messages are passing through each step on the diagram. e.g.
>>
>> https://raw.github.com/hawtio/hawtio/master/website/src/images/screenshots/camelRoute.png
>>
>> * Clicking on a Route allows you to Trace it; when tracing if you send
>> a message into a route then it captures a copy of the message at each
>> point through the route. So you can step through (scroll/click through
>> the table) a route and see the message contents and how the message
>> flows through the EIPs - highlighting where on the diagram each
>> message is. This is very handy for figuring out why your route doesn't
>> work :) Spot where the heading disappears! Or see why the CBR doesn't
>> go where you expected.
>>
>> In general most of the runtime features of the open source Fuse IDE
>> eclipse tooling are now supported in the camel hawtio plugin; so
>> available in a web browser.
>>

>> Summary
>> =======
>> So if you're vaguely interested in web consoles for Apache Camel I
>> urge you to give it a try. We love contributions and feedback!
>> http://hawt.io/contributing/index.html
>>
>> or feel free to raise new issues for how to improve the camel plugin:
>>
>> https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/issues?labels=camel&page=1&sort=updated&state=open
>>
>> or if you've an itch for a new kind of plugin please dive in! We
>> should be able to expose existing web apps/consoles as links inside
>> hawtio too BTW.
>>
>> Feedback appreciated! Its hawt, but stay cool! ;)

James
-------