Rob, just drop it. You know very well James is right. A similar complaint was made just a few days ago about Fuse's behavior. This is nothing new, there is a long list of abuses from Fuse over quite a few years.

James, I would not include RedHat here. RedHat employees are involved in other ASF projects, yet that do not exhibit the same clique behavior and an incomprehensible push for immediate financial or other gains. I kinda of understood that when Fuse was desperate to sell, and now that they did, I really hoped they stopped. Unfortunately it looks like like it.

Rob is correct that the *rest of* the PMC was diligent in increasing the diversity and protecting its mark, however the problems and challenges didn't come from the outside. Funny thing... But we proved many a time that we can take on a challenge, no biggie.

Hopefully the Fuse clique will take the message and slow down (at least for a while, because I am not naive enough to imagine that they'll ever stop). So, you know, the ASF got (at least) one thing right: it's not the companies, it's the people.

James, hats(*) off for speaking your mind. Rob, think hard about this one. If you're really keen on hearing more on this subject, I have no doubts you will, but beware what you wish for.

Hadrian
(*) with both the PMC member *and* ASF member hats in his *hand*.