Depending on how you start your OSGi container, you can always add the
configuration for remote debugging to your launcher script.
For my own development I have written a small wrapper around Pax Exam that
uses a container.properties file to set the JVM's runtime
paramaters (incl. debugging). For inspiration you can have a look at

https://github.com/atooni/de.woq.osgi.java/blob/master/de.woq.osgi.java.lau
ncher/src/main/java/de/woq/osgi/java/container/Main.java

For me that works very well and I use pax-runner composites to keep my
container profiles around.

Best regards
Andreas