Hi,

as JAXB does not escape special characters when marshaling, there exists a solution to use a special EscapingXMLStreamWriter (see http://blog.lesc.se/2009/03/escape-illegal-characters-with-jaxb-xml.html). I used this in combination with org.apache.commons.lang.StringEscapeUtils to replace the strings.

But I do not know how to replace the XMLStreamWriter used by JaxbDataFormat with my implementation. Is there a way to tell the JaxbDataFormat to use my EscapingXMLStreamWriter when marshaling?

The only other solution I could image is to define a Converter for the data field and call it via the bindings.xjb. But that is just a workaround.

Thanks, Sven