Hi

You can also use a route policy, and then just mark the exchange to
stop if you do not want to route anymore today. Then the timer keeps
running.

There is an onExchangeBegin method where you can mark the exchange to stop with

        // mark the exchange to stop continue routing
        exchange.setProperty(Exchange.ROUTE_STOP, Boolean.TRUE);