Actually if you are trying to return one specific file there is probably an
easier way. If you set the body of a message to a java.io.File object pointing
to the file you want and the built-in type converters can convert that to an
InputStream.

Setting up a file endpoint is way overkill. A file endpoint polls a directory
looking for a file. If you know exactly what file you want to send then what I
described is easier and faster.