I am running my Camel routes packaged as a WAR in JBoss (Actually EAP 6.1.1
which is JBossAS 7.2 I believe) which is a departure from what I am used to
with Servicemix and so on. So I was wondering about the JNDI registry in
light of the application server. Does the registry integrate with the JNDI
of the application server? If it is then I should be able to bind things
into the JNDI of the server and look them up in the camel registry.

If they are separate then that brings up another question. Why are my
ActiveMQ routes able to find the connection factory configured in my app
server when I havent copied them to the camel registry or set the
connection factory in my component? Is it because I use default settings
for ActiveMQ and its connection over configuration?
Although that might work its problematic for pooling resources. Would I be
able to look up the connection factory in my initial context in the app
server and then hand it to AMQ component or perhaps put it in the registry
where AMQ can find it? Ditto for Data sources configured in the app server.

Thanks in advance.

*Robert Simmons Jr. MSc. - Lead Java Architect @ EA*
*Author of: Hardcore Java (2003) and Maintainable Java (2012)*
*LinkedIn: **http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39>*