Hi

Not sure if you can say as there is much of an overhead, as you need
to access the data 2 times. And the incoming message is streamed so
you can only access it once. So to support the use-case you would
have to convert the data into a format you can re-read it.

The overhead comes if you spool the data to disk. There is a size
limit that triggers spooling to disk when you enable the stream cache.
You can read about it at the Camel web site.