In camel we have a rule that message header can override the setting of
endpoint.

When consumer receives the message, it puts some headers which key is start
with “rabbitmq.”. As the producer always prefer the message header setting over
the endpoint setting, the producer sends the message to general.queue. Then the
consumer get a new message and route it to the producer. That could explain why
you saw the camel keeps sending same message to the  general.queue.

--
Willem Jiang
Red Hat, Inc.