What is the benefit of Unit testing Camel routes before creating the context
?

In terms of test driven developement, Before writing my camel context Lets
say I am writing 5 unit test cases to test my routes.

Also Lets assume the runtime is Fuse/Servicemix. In this kind of containers,
is test driven development a advantage or disadvantage in Camel development
point of view ?

Camel is rich in components, It helps to connect hetergenous systems through
its components. Configuring components takes it time, Although writing unit
test cases isnt a double effort ? ( In case of test driven development ) /
Effort which can drag the development cycle ?

Just thought of brain stroming this topic in this Camel forum, because it
may help many developers to understand its significance.

Cheers
Guru
gnanaguru.com