Hi Claus

Many thanks for your reply. After a small series of tests, I'm concluding
that my desire to send a single "on completion" email when the muticast
completes is the the direct / indirect cause for the local file delete to
fail.

The modified XML DSL below reflects my real world scenario more closely.
You'll see that within the MultiCast near the end I (a) set a new message
body (b) remove headers using a pattern camel*. before (c) sending a smtp
email confirmation.

Item (b) was a late addition to my configuration to remove unwanted route
information from the body of the email notification. I'm pretty confident
that the inclusion of that the line: <removeHeaders pattern="CamelFile*" />
if the cause for the local file deletion to fail (because i've destroyed the
metadata needed to remove the file?)

I'm now wondering how to achieve my desired scenario: send a single email
indicating the multicast has finished successfully (not an email for each
route), with an email body that doesn't have unwanted route metadata -while
still allowing the clean up of my local file?!

any suggestions?