Ok.  I found where to add the routeEmptyResultSet, which since i'm using
injected SQL I had to append it to the sql in the properties file.

select * from dual?consumer.routeEmptyResultSet=true

but this does not work

<to uri="sql:{{my.foo1.sql}}?consumer.routeEmptyResultSet=true"/>

This fixed my problem of the zip aggregation working.

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but it only works once.  The
second time the process is kicked off the zip aggregation never finishes.
The system logs the same messages, but the process never finishes.  Any
thoughts?

-----
Josh Toepfer