Ranx, Thank you for responding.

I could figure out the answer. I am able to do it using a custom convertor.

<field
custom-converter="com.accrualify.netsuite.integration.util.NullConverter">
             memo
            *memo*
</field>

public class NullConverter implements CustomConverter {

        /* (non-Javadoc)
         * @see org.dozer.CustomConverter#convert(java.lang.Object,
java.lang.Object, java.lang.Class, java.lang.Class)
         */
        @Override
        public Object convert(Object existingDestinationFieldValue, Object
sourceFieldValue, Class<?> destinationClass,
                        Class<?> sourceClass) {
                return sourceFieldValue==null?"":sourceFieldValue;