When I write the blueprint xml I have a reference to camel-blueprint.xsd in it.
So that the tooling can check my xml against the xsd.

--snip from camel-blueprint.xsd ---

  <xs:complexType name="hl7DataFormat">
    <xs:complexContent>
      <xs:extension base="tns:dataFormat">
        <xs:sequence/>
        <xs:attribute name="validate" type="xs:boolean">
          <xs:annotation>
            <xs:documentation xml:lang="en">Whether to validate the HL7 message
Is by default true.</xs:documentation>
          </xs:annotation>
        </xs:attribute>
      </xs:extension>