If you can share your Java configuration, I’ll see if I can convert it to
Blueprint.

As far as the XSD change - I can’t answer that one for certain, but I’d guess
the answer is no.  Looking at the other definitions in the XSD, the attributes
appear to be primitive types (String, boolean, etc).  I didn’t check all of
them - just gave the XSD a quick look.  Since the parser and context on the HL7
DataFormat are not primitive types, I’d guess the XSD won’t change and you’d
need to revert to configuring the bean - but that’s just my guess.