OK - then I don’t think you’ll ever get that body from a real system when
you’re using Camel (unless you do something to make it happen).

Two of the components that support MLLP (camel-mina2, camel-netty4) do NOT
parse/convert the message by default - they just wrap the payload in the MLLP
envelope.  Then you’d use a data format to convert the payload to some type of
object.  The data format would probably throw an exception if it couldn’t parse
the payload (camel-hl7 does)

The camel-mllp component is  a little different - it does parse the message in
order to set some message properties.  It will also throw an exception if it
can’t understand the message.

So I think what you’re after is an error handler in the case of an invalid
message - is that correct?  And what version of Camel are you using?