The password does contain @ and # characters.  However we are able to
connect with those no problem in our test enviornment, no need for the
RAW() function.  Also it turns out the username contains a '.' character
but here too no problem in our test/dev environment.  But in production
where we have no control over the remote server it fails to connect.  Here
is a close approximation of the Debug stack trace.

Failed delivery for (MesasgeId: ID-xxxxxx) using exchange (Message:bbb)

Message exchange has failed so breaking out of pipeline for exchange:
Exchange [Message:bbb] Exception:
org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileOperationFailedException: cannot
connect to sftp://jms.sftp@ip

Done processing file: GenericFile [E:\gangplank\work\filepathhere.txt]

Renaming file: GenericFile [E:\filepath] to GenericFile [E:\filepathto
.error dir]

Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth Fail

Caused by com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect (Session.java: 512)

Org.apache.camel.component.file.GenericFileOperationFailedException

Org.apache.camel.component.file.remote.sftpOperations.connect
(sftpOperations.java: 146)

Also the production environment is locked down so that SSH is not
accessible for this user but SFTP is.  However in production we did
temporarily allow SSH and that did not help and also in test/dev we
disabled SSH and Camel/JSCH can connect fine.

So everything works as expected everywhere expect production where it
matters.  But in production psftp.exe can connect fine.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix?

Does Camel support any other SFTP clients other than JSCH?

How about a Camel component that bridges to psftp.exe since that can
connect?

-Dave