Hi

Yeah I would recommend looking at microservice / servless containers
like Spring Boot, WildFly Swarm if you talk about container based
platform. And if you have less integration needs then an alternative
like vert.x looks interresting, but give it a little more to become a
bit better at cloud first.

Camel works great with Spring Boot and all the components provide
spring boot auto configuration and there are starter artifacts that
makes developing Camel application on Spring Boot first class.

I would only look at Karaf / ServiceMix if you have OSGi experience already.
If not its better to stay clear of that. OSGi has too much pain and no
gain in the cloud world.

The Camel in Action 2nd edition book has chapter on microservices with
Camel and upcoming chapters on using Camel with docker, containers and
a container based platform like kubernetes.

A good book on developing microservices with Java (not covering Camel)
is Christian Posta's book which is free to download from Red Hat (they
sponsored the book)
https://developers.redhat.com/promotions/microservices-for-java-developers

And make sure to check out fabric8 maven plugin for building docker
images / run containers etc, and as a developer to make it run as if
you run local development with the run and debug goals.
https://maven.fabric8.io/

There is a video on youtube showing this in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYrCW1SjpOI&t=385s