Hi,
I'm not sure that I follow what you're saying, but from what I observe
using the JMS and SJMS components is that the connections get closed
when the Camel consumer endpoints are closed.

Also I see no way of destroying the ConnectionFactory (not in the
public JMS API interface, nor in the ActiveMQ implementation of it),
do you mean JMS Connection gets closed?

Connections need to be closed before Camel context shutdown, and they
should be closed when the consumer endpoints are stopped, are you
seeing something else?

zoran