Hi Michael,

  You would need to open a PR against master.
  Please, find some helpful information around contributions
https://camel.apache.org/manual/latest/contributing.html.

  I'm sure ICU4J is functionally great. However, license compatibility is a
legal matter, we don't really have choice.
  Could you please point to the ICU4J license you've been using ? I could
have a try with checking the compatibility.

Alex