Hi Steve

We can see from your work that you have put a lot of effort and
devotion into this, with an example and blog post as well.

However you say that the reason you wanted this was due to the dynamic
pattern in the EIP book.

The issue is that the EIP book is about messaging and integration
patterns and that these patterns
does not apply to all software projects.

The dynamic pattern as in the EIP book is actuall a pattern in
messaging systems like ActiveMQ, Kafka, RabbitMQ, and all the many of
them out there.
They all offer a way for clients to subscribe and unsubscribe to
topics (and or queues) and very often have filtering as well so a
client can say they the only want message that matches X criteria.

In other words its a domain that is for a messaging system, and this
gets quickly complex when you have distributed systems, and HA with
failover, and now also with "the cloud", and even across multiple
cloud vendors with hybrid cloud.
Your implementation in Camel would be very limited in use-case as its
a single context / in-memory only "queue".

If on the other hand there was a new messaging system (called foobar),
and it was a well used system, then it would be worthwhile to
implement a camel component for such system.
In other words Camel is the glue to systems, but its "not a "server"
system itself".

http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus