Hi together,

I am afraid but I think I have found a bug (Camel 3.13. and
Springboot 2.6.x)
Custom EventNotifier in a plain Camel + Springboot Routebuilder.
I have reproduced it with the spring boot example:
https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot-examples/tree/main/spring-boot
and added the EventNotifier below.

Fails since Camel > 3.11

Please can you check my approach. If everything is right I will create a
bug ticket.

Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error post
processing bean: testEventNotifier; nested exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
post processing bean: testEventNotifier; nested exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.camel.spring.spi.CamelBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(CamelBeanPostProcessor.java:160)
~[camel-spring-3.14.0.jar:3.14.0]
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsBeforeInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:440)
~[spring-beans-5.3.14.jar:5.3.14]
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1796)
~[spring-beans-5.3.14.jar:5.3.14]
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:620)
~[spring-beans-5.3.14.jar:5.3.14]
... 122 common frames omitted

TestEventNotifier.java

@Component
public class TestEventNotifier extends EventNotifierSupport {

    @Produce("stream:out")
    TestProducer producer;

    @Override
    public void notify(CamelEvent event) throws Exception {
        System.err.println(event);
        //producer.publish("some notification");

TestProducer.java:

import org.apache.camel.InOnly;

@InOnly
public interface TestProducer {