I know my work place would be certainly interested in VXLAN support.

The truth is, depending on your network gear... you may not come close to
being able to use 4096 VLAN's (which is itself even can be a lie, since you
need the better top half of that range with Cisco gear for cisco'ish
things) ... and then never mind if you use stuff like UCS which only
supports 1024 VLAN's last I checked.

Go Cisco!