On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:02:26PM -0400, Dave Dunaway wrote:
> I know my work place would be certainly interested in VXLAN support.
>
> The truth is, depending on your network gear... you may not come close to
> being able to use 4096 VLAN's (which is itself even can be a lie, since you
> need the better top half of that range with Cisco gear for cisco'ish
> things) ... and then never mind if you use stuff like UCS which only
> supports 1024 VLAN's last I checked.
>
> Go Cisco!

There's a related scaling limit that's sometimes called "vlan port
count" that matters as well, which, depending on your VM density, can
drastically effect the scaling of a zone that uses VLAN isolation. Other
vendors have similar constraints, and some are actually tied to a
specific chipset that many switch vendors use.