From: William Jiang [mailto:william.ji...@manwin.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 3:50 PM
To: Chip Childers; users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: issue about windows server 2008 VM can NOT start

Thanks for reminding, I will provide error message in text.

Hi,

I need help for one of our windows server 2008 R2 instance which running on
cloudstack 3.0.2+xenserver 6.0.2.

As staring from yesterday, the status for this vm in cloudstack UI displayed as
“stopping”, but we knew the VM is still up and running.

Then the vm was down and status changed to “stopped” automatically.

When I tried to start the VM, it failed and getting error as following in
management-server log:

2013-05-16 12:04:12,105 DEBUG [xen.resource.XenServer56FP1Resource]
(DirectAgent-383:null) Created VM 9d21618f-a75b-2a0f-e7bd-cd44e0554e90 for
i-4-34-VM
2013-05-16 12:04:12,381 WARN  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
(DirectAgent-383:null) Unable to start i-4-34-VM due to
2013-05-16 12:04:12,463 DEBUG [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase]
(DirectAgent-383:null) The VM is in stopped state, detected problem during
startup : i-4-34-VM

And in cloudstack UI, I got the error as following:

"Unable to create a deployment for VM[user|i-4-34-VM]"

If you logged in xencenter, you will find the vm system disk “ROOT-34” doesn’t
bind to any Virtual Machine.

Any ideas or suggestions will be great appreciated.

Thanks,
William

waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of
this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient
is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. Ce courrier électronique est
confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations
qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des
renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les)
destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier
électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de
courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.