Hi Prasanna,

Good day to you, and thank you for your e-mail.

Yesterday I troubleshooted further and found out that the mapping of the
bridge is incorrect. For example, eth1 of the SSVM, which is supposed to be
private network interface for communication with management server, is
being mapped to cloudbr0 bridge which is used for public. While eth2 of the
SSVM, which is supposed to be public, is being mapped to cloudbr1 bridge
which is supposed for guest traffic. I checked with brctl show on the KVM
host and traced the MAC address of the SSVM's eth interfaces.

I have tried different type of configuration on the KVM hosts'
/etc/network/interfaces (I am using Ubuntu), different ways on how to
configure the advanced network zone (physical network interface and KVM
label for each traffic), but I am still not able to get it working.

Can please advise what is the best way to set-up the network bridges?

My /etc/network/interfaces on KVM host:

http://pastebin.com/nx8xJ1L2

I used 3 physical NICs:

eth0 --> for management and secondary storage traffic
eth1 --> for public and guest traffic
eth2 --> for primary storage traffic to the Ceph RBD (separate NIC not
configured by CloudStack)

On the Cloudstack GUI, while creating the zone, I used 3 physical networks:

eth0.6 --> Management traffic (KVM label: eth0.6)
cloudbr0 --> Public traffic (KVM label: cloudbr0)
cloudbr1 --> Guest traffic (KVM label: cloudbr1)

I didn't specify storage traffic since I presume it will use the management
VLAN.

However, I always failed to add the KVM host using the above configuration.
I tried to run cloudstack-setup-agent manually on the KVM host and getting
this error message:

root@hv-kvm-02:/etc/cloudstack/agent# cloudstack-setup-agent -m x.x.x.18 -z
3 -p 3 -c 3 -g 00dd5dba-7419-3689-bc51-1671035c0d8f -a --pubNic=cloudbr0
--prvNic=eth0.6 --guestNic=cloudbr1
Starting to configure your system:
Configure Apparmor ...        [OK]
Configure Network ...         [Failed]
eth0.6 is not a bridge
Try to restore your system:
Restore Apparmor ...          [OK]
Restore Network ...           [OK]

When I tried to create another bridge called cloudbr2 with bridge_ports to
eth0.6, the KVM host's network didn't work.

Can advise what is the best practice on configuring the network bridges on
the advanced network zone setup?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.