On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 06:44:12PM +0800, Indra Pramana wrote:
> > > Any other way on how to console in to the newly created VM other than
> > using
> > > the console proxy method? Unlike system VM, the instance VM doesn't give
> > > any link local address which I can SSH directly from the KVM host. Am I
> > > able to using virsh command to log in to the instance?
> >
> > Yup - virsh console to your domain would work. But is unsuitable for
> > users/tenants of the cloudstack deployment. I'll defer to someone with
> > more knowledge about the console-proxy issue.
> >

> I managed to find out the reason why the console-proxy didn't work. I set
> up Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) as Internal DNS 1 and 2
> during zone creation since we don't have our own internal DNS server.
>
> This caused a routing entry on the CPVM for 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to the
> internal network interface of the VM, causing the CPVM not able to resolve
> domains within the VM, resulting to the issue. I did a "route del" of the
> two entries from the VM's routing table and it resolves the problem.
>
> /sbin/route del -host 8.8.4.4 gw 10.19.16.1
> /sbin/route del -host 8.8.8.8 gw 10.19.16.1

Thanks - so the CPVM talks to the vnc ports on your hosts on the
management network. I guess there should be a way to turn off
name-resolution in such cases as your deployment where you don't allow
any public traffic on your management network. Either that or we need
to note this in our documentation somewhere. Could you please point to
this thread and file a bug report?

You can sign up for our bugtracker here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Signup!default.jspa

--
Prasanna.,