All,

I have been playing with this for some time now and have rebuilt
CS 4.2.0 yet again and wind up with the same issue.  Using an ISO
to create an instance always fails while creating an instance using
a template succeeds.

http://mail.manske.org/management-server.log.gz
("Test1" is the name of the instance that just failed to build.)

What am I doing wrong?  Should I be using GRE network isolation or SST?
Do I need to use security groups regardless of my intended application?
I've even spent a lot of time building service offerings and registering
ISOs trying to tease out the problem.

I've been documenting as I go, trying to put together a simplified install
document but I keep getting hung up at this same exact spot.  The latest
rebuild was to make sure that my system vm templates were up to date but
I've never had an issue with systems VMs or virtual routers coming up
and working correctly.  So what am I missing?  Management-server.log is
so very verbose that I have a hard time picking out the relevant pieces
to investigate.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Bryan Manske

Quoting Bryan Manske <br...@manske.org>:

> Nitin,
>
> Management Server log is available at:
> http://mail.manske.org/management-server.log.gz
>
> I spent some time updating the System VM Templates but symptomatically
> I'm still dealing with the same malfunction; Creating an instance with
> an ISO fails every time, creating an instance with the template provided
> (for CentOS 5.6 64-bit) succeeds with no problems.
>
> I've tried CentOS 6.3, 6.4, FreeBSD 8.3 and 8.4, both 32- and 64-bit,
> and Windows XP SP3 32-bit, all of which have functioned fine for me
> on Xen Server 6.2 and are in the list of supported OSes when registering
> an ISO.
>
> Thanks in advance for taking a look.  I'm stumped and management-server.log
> is very verbose.  The instance name in the log to look for would be "Test22"
> and would be the only instance created today (so far).
>
> Regards,
>
> Bryan Manske
>

> Quoting Nitin Mehta <nitin.me...@citrix.com>:
>
> > Check the hypervisor version allows the OS version of the ISO in
> > hypervisor supported guest OS documentation.
> > Try and paste the logs and give us the link in community.
> >
> > On 08/10/13 8:30 AM, "Bryan Manske" <br...@manske.org> wrote:
> >
> > >Greetings,
> > >
> > >Using CloudStack 4.2.0 on CentOS 6.4 x86_64 with XenServer 6.2 and
> > >zones I'm having problems provisioning an instance to be installed with
> > >an ISO.  Instances using templates build fine.  My primary and secondary
> > >storage look fine, the two hosts in the cluster look fine and my IP plan
> > >seems reasonable, but I get "Failed to deploy Vm with Id: 33, on Host with
> > >Id: null".  I've worked through expunging the error-ed VMs and setting
> > >the reaper thread to run every two hours but I'm still not sure if the
> > >problem is in the hosts NOT allowing an instance.  I know that it
> > >_shouldn't_
> > >be a host resource issue as the hosts are new, there are no VMs running
> > >on them, and they are IBM blades with 2x Quad-Core Xeons with 24GB of RAM
> > >each and ample primary and secondary storage.
> > >
> > >I would welcome the opportunity to talk to someone about deciphering
> > >management-server.log to figure this out.
> > >
> > >Many thanks in advance.
> > >
> > >Regards,
> > >
> > >Bryan Manske
> > >

> > >---
> > >"Earnest falsehoods left unchallenged risk being accepted as fact."
> > > -- Monty "xiphmont" Montgomery - Xiph Foundation, on the Ogg format
> > >---
> ---
> "Earnest falsehoods left unchallenged risk being accepted as fact."
>  -- Monty "xiphmont" Montgomery - Xiph Foundation, on the Ogg format
> ---
---