Hi all,

On the university laboratory that I work we have a cloud environment using Cloudstack as the management tool. So far, we have 2 Cloudstack servers and a load balancing apache server, both CS are on 4.1.1 version.

Now we are starting to plan the update to the 4.2 version, mostly because of some important fixes that have been updated. The upgrade has to be done with the cloud running, so, we are going to update each CS server at time, in some point on the update process we are going to end up with one CS on 4.2 version and other on 4.1.1, could it create some problems?

I noticed that the systems VMs templates were updated, so what does the CS 4.2 would do when it gets up and running and finds a system VM that was created by the CS 4.1.1? Are the CS updates meant to be done with the whole management structure down or they have support to get this job done with everything up and running?

Thanks.

Gabriel.